Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sewing

For those of you who don't know, I don't sew too much. All I've done is a quilt for Cameron when he went on his mission, which came out really great for my first sewing project ever, and we still use it a whole lot. Ane a few months ago I attempted to make a dress, which didn't turn out and I told myself that that would be my last sewing experience ever!
I was looking through a bunch of stuff to throw out or take to the DI, and almost all my purses ended up in the DI pile which meant that I needed a new purse. I went to JoAnn's yesterday and bought some cute fabric for a purse! So this morning I got up to start my purse. I thought it was going to take a long time, but I finished it pretty quick and it turn out cute for being a not-a-lot-of-experienced-sewer.I'm very pleased with the how it turned out, I even made pockets on the insides toward the top so that when I put my stuff in it won't look saggy.
I got so excited when I looked at the finished product that I fixed a few shirts and some shorts!
It was a successful sewing day for me!!!

3 comments:

Steven and Miranda said...

I like this a lot!!! I want one!

Erin said...

Look's great! You are so creative.

Jessica said...

vivi, it looks great! cute fabric too!