Monday, April 9, 2012

Texas Trip

Derek and I had a chance to visit my mom's family in El Paso, Texas last week, for a whole five days. It was a hard trip being away from Cameron and from our beds but I was glad Derek and I got to see them. I hadn't seen them in 5 years, and this was Derek's first time meeting most of my mom's family and they just loved him, Derek smiled the whole time and didn't even cry when we gave him to someone whom he didn't know. He had a great time, except for the drive, fourteen hour drives aren't fun, expecially for the a baby who already does not like car rides.
 Here he is with my grandpa. Every time I handed him over to my grandpa, Derek would start jumping, waiting for great-grandpa to sing as he's "dancing."
Here's some of my mom's sisters and my cousins.

My wonderful grandma, who is getting old and is hard of hearing but she's still so energetic and awesome with kids, I thought my mom had the magic touch with Derek, but she is one-of-a-kind when it comes to soothing babies.

All the cousins with my grandma.
Los queremos mucho a todos!

No comments: